About Me

I'm from a small town in the Florida panhandle, Blountstown (the midpoint between Tallahassee and Panama City). While in this town, I taught mathematics and science at our local high school. I also enjoyed serving as JV volleyball coach and directing 3 musicals during my years at BHS. Basking in the serenity of small town life, I obtained my MS in Educational Leadership and my National Board Certification in Mathematics/Adolescence and Young Adulthood while raising my two little ones and supporting my husband while he was overseas in Iraq. My husband has been temporarily medically retired from the USMC. So, we packed up and moved to Orlando so that he could take classes at UTI. I am pursuing this degree to open new doors and discover new ways to bring education to today's youth.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

MAC - Week 3 Response - Wimba

This week's Wimba was a woeful reminder of how much catching up I have to do after a week away from the computer. This week, I had several face-to-face meetings with the leaders of FLVS, and was able to present a new idea that we may actually implement soon. The Wimba session was a stark reminder of the need to better manage my time to find balance between work, school, and family in the midst of senior season and unexpected travel. As I mentioned in my post to Brian, I must also take responsibility for my choices and be accountable for my decisions. My job and family had to take center stage this week, and I will refocus my energies back to my coursework in the coming week. My submissions for this week, though hopefully adequate, are not representative of the quality of work for which I am accustomed to submitting. I appreciate the details that were given with respect to our project and presentations next week. This is a Wimba session that I will watch more than once. At the present time, I plan to write the paper rather than create a PowerPoint or Keynote. Once I am able to focus more fully on this project, however, that may change.

2 comments:

  1. A week away from the computer... while that sounds nice, at this point in the program, it probably means you have a lot to catch up on. Don't stress too much... you'll be fine. And if you need anything or any special consideration, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to have a week away from the computer. There have been times during this program that I've not had time to look at my personal interests online due to the coursework load and my job work load. I can say that my Wimba presentation this week made me aware of just how disorganized my thoughts were regarding how the presentation should go next month. I plan to create an outline and possibly a powerpoint to guide my article presentation. I'm glad I had the opportunity to practice.

    ReplyDelete