About Me

I'm from a small town in the Florida panhandle, Blountstown (the midpoint between Tallahassee and Panama City). While in this town, I taught mathematics and science at our local high school. I also enjoyed serving as JV volleyball coach and directing 3 musicals during my years at BHS. Basking in the serenity of small town life, I obtained my MS in Educational Leadership and my National Board Certification in Mathematics/Adolescence and Young Adulthood while raising my two little ones and supporting my husband while he was overseas in Iraq. My husband has been temporarily medically retired from the USMC. So, we packed up and moved to Orlando so that he could take classes at UTI. I am pursuing this degree to open new doors and discover new ways to bring education to today's youth.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

PE5_Flash


Well, I finally feel like I've actually accomplished something. I love that Lynda.com offers certificates for completing these tutorials. (I'm so easy to please. haha!) :)

I still haven't yet figured out what I was doing wrong all week with my animation project. I will be working on it again all day tomorrow in hopes of actually presenting an animation or video of some sort for my final post.

I am extremely grateful for this assignment as it was a true eye-opener to the complexities of Flash. During the next month, I plan to go through the tutorial again much more slowly. I want to take my time and utilize all of the features of each section of the tutorial. Generally, I have learned new software by just jumping in and playing around until I became familiar with all of the components. In this case, however, I need to learn the software more rapidly.

I believe that mastering Flash will greatly enhance my current teaching practice, since most of my communication is accomplished in an online format. I would love to create animations for my students that enhance the concepts. I would also like to create personal animations for my students to recognize achievement, birthdays, etc. I also want to go through the Photoshop tutorial so that I can become proficient in its use as well for incorporation into Flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment