About Me

I'm from a small town in the Florida panhandle, Blountstown (the midpoint between Tallahassee and Panama City). While in this town, I taught mathematics and science at our local high school. I also enjoyed serving as JV volleyball coach and directing 3 musicals during my years at BHS. Basking in the serenity of small town life, I obtained my MS in Educational Leadership and my National Board Certification in Mathematics/Adolescence and Young Adulthood while raising my two little ones and supporting my husband while he was overseas in Iraq. My husband has been temporarily medically retired from the USMC. So, we packed up and moved to Orlando so that he could take classes at UTI. I am pursuing this degree to open new doors and discover new ways to bring education to today's youth.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

W3_Reading

How Online Learning is Revolutionizing K-12 Education and Benefitting Students


Teaching Online Made Me a Better Teacher


Florida's Online Option


Learning from Mistakes with School-Based Technology

Lips, D. (2010). How online learning is revolutionizing K-12 education and benefiting students. Washington, DC: Heritage Foundation. Retrieved October 10, 2010, from ERIC database.

Ohlson, M. (2007). Learning from mistakes with school-based technology. Tech & Learning. Retrieved October 15, 2010 from http://www.techlearning.com/article/7642

Roblyer, M., Porter, M., Bielefeldt, T., and Donaldson, M. (2009). “Teaching online made me a better teacher”: studying the impact of virtual course experiences on teachers’ face-to-face practice. Journal of Computing in Teacher Education, 25(4), 121-126. Retrieved October 10, 2010, from ERIC database.

Tucker, B. (2009). Florida’s online option. Education Next, 9(3), 12-18. Retrieved October 10, 2010, from ERIC database.

No comments:

Post a Comment